Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hero's in a box: Superheros

My focus for the Heo's in a box is superheros. Superheros have extraordinary abilities and powers. They have strong moral codes and motivations. There are many different sorts of superheros with many different powers. Even though superheros do not exist in real life, they exist through comic books, tv shows, movies, books, video games, radio, and animation. Superman was the first superhero, and was the bigging of the superhero phenomenon. Usually there is a villain that collides with the superhero, causing rage to get to the goal.




this is the trailer for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. The four good superheros must figure out what is happening around the world and stop it. When they discover that it is a silver surfer who is riding around the world wrecking havoc, they have to destroy the silver surfer and confront the return of their enemy, Dr. Doom. This clip shows that the superheros have to save the earth and defeat their villain.


If I could be a Super Hero
By: Steve Lazarowitz

I don't think I could be Superman
I'm sort of scared of heights
I'd sort of like to be Spiderman
But I'm afraid of spider bites

I suppose I could be Wolverine
But I'm afraid people would stare
I'd consider being the Incredible Hulk
But radition's bad for your hair

The fantastic four, now there's a thought
But I'm not sure that's for me
Ben's too ugly, Johnny too hot
And Sue I just can't see

Maybe though I could be Reed
And lead the other three
Well maybe Reed's a bit of a stretch
I can barely take care of me

Captain America, him perhaps
I love his mighty shield
But I fear I'm not brave enough
When things get rough, I yield

If I could be a superhero
I would wonder which I'd be
Or maybe it's time I tried to find
The hero inside me

this is a poem about being a superhero. The author is going through a list of popular superheros, but feels like he isn't good enough to be one.




this song is called superhero song written by Drake Bell. He sings about saving a girl and being the superhero. He talks about the fight between him and the 'villain' and who is going to win the girl.



this is a video clip from the movie The Incredibles. Mr incredible has super strength, but his villain has no superpowers. He uses machines instead. He tries to beat Mr incredible up, and doesn't succeed in the end.

Conclusion:

After studying superheros i realized most superheros use their powers to do good. But with the good comes the bad. There is almost always a villain to interfere with what the superhero is doing. They always go through some sort of a struggle before achieving what they want. superhero's are very strong minded and contagious and are willing to do almost anything to save the world and keep it peaceful.

4 comments:

Miggs said...

I like your conclusion which looks at similarities across different superhero stories. There are definitely a lot of recurring themes. So if you can sum up the genre in a few sentences, why do people keep looking to these stories? Why do you think superhero stories are some of the biggest hits at the box office (especially right now)? Why does every superhero story seem to have an arch-enemy? And why do superheroes work so hard, after all, most of them don't get paid!?

ben b said...

great work i liiked it alot

alex said...

Kjersten, I really enjoyed this. It is very lovely and I think you did a very nice job.

(:

ALLIE said...

nice job kjersten! i did superheroes too! we both had the same poem hah! but you did a great job and i liked the two movies you mentioned. ive never heard that song before where'd you find that?! haha